Heartwarming story

Chris is Afghanistan. He hasn't been getting any mail. In his last phone call he said not to send any packages because he didn't think it would get to him in time. None of the postcards or letters anyone has written have gotten to him yet.

I was reading on Marinesparents.com and found this great post. I'll just share part of it here.

".....I have an enlightening story to share with everyone. I went to the post office today to mail off 4 flat rate packages. The young man that was helping me carried on a conversation with me, asking me about my husband, how he was doing, if he liked the Marine Corps.. etc, etc. When he finished I pulled out my wallet and waited for the total. I noticed him pull something out of his pocket, and saw a receipt print out, which he signed. "This one's on me," he said. I was like... "are you serious?!" He pulled up his shirt sleeve to reveal a "Semper Fi" tattoo on his arm. He asked me to thank my husband, and said they were brothers and he was happy to help out. I was in shock, thanked him profusely.. and am still sitting here in awe. The brotherhood of the Marine Corps is truly an amazing thing."

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum