Nina asked me after I asked her, what book(s) she was reading. She like me has multiple books going on. Do you?

Recently I finished reading "Nights of Rain & Stars" by Maeve Binchy. I like how Maeve Binchy writes. I finished all the books in the Twilight series before the movie came out and now I've started on "The Host". While riding the 'torture' bicycle at the gym, I've been reading "Bones to Ashes" by Kathy Reiches. The TV show Bones is based off of this authors books. Also, while pedaling, I've been reading "Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister" by Gregory Maguire. I like it better than 'Wicked'. I also take long "Year of Fog" by Michelle Richmond, but it's not a 'happy' book and I'm having a tough time getting involved with it. It's about a young girl who disappears on a foggy beach. If you've read it and liked it, please tell me why. There's also a couple books under my bed. Books that could be sitting on any table, but I don't have a big enough nightstand. "World Without End" by Ken Follett and "The Snowball:Warren Buffett & the Business of Life" by Alice Schroeder.

In about a week, I'll be headed to Mexico. I'm planning on taking "Love in a Time of Cholear" by Gabriel Marquez and "Eat Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss.

Any suggestions on other books?

3 comments:

    If you love Maeve Binchy (and who doesn't) may I suggest some more similar.

    Rosamunde Pilcher for wonderful novels with a Cornish setting. Penny Vincenzi is more upper class English and her Lytton trilogy was superb. Night Shall Overtake Us by Kate Saunders set during World War I will make you cry. Judith Lennox who is too wonderful for words.

    Keep blogging.

    Laura Essendine
    Author – The Accidental Guru
    The Accidental Guru Blog
    The Books Limited Blog

     

    Thank You! I love Rosamunde Pilchner and have read many of her books.

    Powells bookstore is close by, so I'll head there soon with your suggestions.

     

    What a coincidence...I have read A Year of Fog and it is good. You must keep reading.
    It is intense in the matter of guilt, mixed relationships (step parenting), and what ifs.
    Thanks for the shout out, Brenda!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum