Jumbled

Do you ever try to solve the word jumble in the newspaper? I don't. I've tried. I'm not good at it. I'm not good at solving jumbled things. Especially in my life. I keep thinking; one of these days, things are going to get back to normal. Except they don't. OH, don't get me wrong. Life isn't a disaster, it's just not where I had hoped it would be.

I had a great 'growing-up' childhood. Often surrounded with friends and family. We moved a couple times. That was a bit tramatic, but not overwhelming. As a teenager, I had spats with my parents. I was even grounded from time to time. But I respected my parents and knew that I had broken a rule and so had to abide with the consequence. It didn't kill me.

I was given a great piece of advice this week from a friend who has also gone through some similar issues that I have. 'You don't owe your children anything. You gave them life.' I know this needs a bit of explaining, but I can't go into details. And that piece of advice wouldn't hold for children still in the home. But you see, mine are all out of the home. They are on their own.

So, I guess my question is... where do you draw the line? When do you say, 'enough is enough'? When do you stop giving? And when do you stop being taken advantage of?

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum